Thursday, June 28, 2012

Back to the Grindstone

So, I'm back from my vacation to Datona Beach and I feel that I must be the luckiest sucker in the entire world.  From what I understand, the weather here in town was miserable with temperatures rising above 100 degrees.  The whole week we were there the weather was glorious!  75-80 degrees most days with little to no rain until the day we were packing the car to leave.  A tropical storm systm came up from the Gulf of Mexico and mowed through central Florida following us up the coast the whole way home!  Now we're back in town and the weather here has been grand!  I'll never complain about the weather again!

Now that I'm back in town I've started getting back to work.  I'm taking what I learned in the class I attended while at Daytona and applying it to my "course guides" which I've been writing since the end of the school year.  Each course guide will encompas a unit of study for the ProStart class I teach and hopefully make my teaching more fufilling.  The problem is, each course guide I've written so far has taken me approximatley 30+ hours of work.  I'm only on the 3rd one and I'm burning myself out already this summer. (who says techers don't work over the summer?)

Anyway, I've got a lot of exciting new prospects going into next year's teaching and I look forward to giving them a try with the help of my students!

I found out when I got back from Daytona that I was awarded a grant that I applied for before school let out!  I am going to purchase some software that should make the classroom portion of my class more streamlined and enjoyable!  I look forward to seeing how the students enjoy this new addition to our class.

Well, I've spent enough time rambling on, so I'm gonna get back to "Kitchen Safety" and see how far I can get today!

 Me when I wake up in the morning!  Yay!
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment